Friday, July 17, 2009

Progress!



In these two weeks we have seen so much progress in these little lives! Andre, Judy's protege, started off in the seat; today we all cheered as he sat up by himself for periods of time! Then, when he retrieved a toy from the Sandbox Bully (who shall go nameless!), we added another cheer for his assertiveness!

There were more than a few tears this afternoon as we took leave of our little ones. I thought I was prepared to just walk away - but alas, the last hug and kiss was emotional for me too!

Ron emailed me tonight with a soothing thought, and so I should close this with his remarks:

"You did it. You accomplished what you set out to do. To touch the soil, to meet the people. With all the difficulties and obstacles, in the end, I'm sure it's the connections we make that we remember. "

Thank you Ron, my children, Elissa and Mike, Dave and Fran, and all the friends who helped make this dream come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment