Monday, July 6, 2009

First Day at the Clinic

Racula Hotel, Tutova, Romania
Monday, July 6th
Today was our first day "at work". I met my little boy, Marius, who is a little over a year. He was fussy in the morning, but this afternoon he was his sweet, docile self. A few smiles later today was my big reward after a lovely walk with the stroller. My co-worker volunteers are all terrific. Hard to imagine 19 more committed people! Each has a story, and each has a purpose here. But all of us, most importantly, want to make a small difference in a small life.

The off-hours are fun and relaxing; good food and great company. I'm excited about this weekend; some of us are headed to the north to see the Painted Monestaries. I'll be anxious to describe more of that another day. For now, sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment